Old 11-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Glenn

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Joe it wasn't the Bight control knob that I messed with - well I do that too -, but the actual position finger that is the clearance for the thread from the bobbin casing. I just messed with everything actually. Anyway, the 319 seems to be a little touchy.

Skip nice to have you back. Now tell me how much you use your 319 in treadle? I use mine almost everyday, if not to piece something, then to mend something. It is so easy to get to all the time. The fact that the 319 has decorative stitches means that no matter what I need to do - that machine can usually handle it. But, I am now getting a little worried because I seem to mess it up a lot! There was a 319 just like mine (with a motor, but I'd just do a motorectomy) on our local Craigslist for $30 - in a cabinet - last week. By the time I saw the ad, it was already sold! I was going to get that one for a backup machine!

Nancy
I use my machine two or three times a month to mend and zz binding with that mono poly you told me about. I have not had your problem but I do know that I must be very careful with the byte it can be touchy so I always check it out by hand first. Now watch, the next time I use it I will have the problem. LOL I like the zz because you can adjust a very nice stitch with it. Maybe if I used it everyday like you I am sure I would run into problems but I always have the manual open when I use the machine.

Skip
BTW I still have the motor and light for my 319 and it is in a cabinet somewhere

Last edited by Glenn; 11-27-2012 at 03:34 PM.