Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 06:22 AM
Olivia's Grammy

I've been lurking here for about a week, even posted a few times. So let me back up and bore you with some info about me. I have been sewing as long as I can remember. Mother said I sewed "things" as young as five. I remember my first time trying to use sewing machine. It was a old treadle, Mother did not sew so I tried to teach my self. I remember sitting for hours trying to figure out how to get the bobbin thread "up". Once I figured that off I was off and running. One of the most unusal things I made was a black satin house coat for my baby sister. I was used any kind of scrap to create. I am 63, married 40 years to a wonderful man, have three children, all married and three grandchildren, two dogs and two cats. Other than sewing, I love to read, I exerise at the Senior Center 4 times a week, have even started running again. I did a 1/2 marathon a couple of weeks ago. I also am very active in my church. I live in Fayetteville, GA. I love this board. Can't remember how I found it. Thanks ladies for all your ideas and suggestions.