Thread: "Tips Page"
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 04:42 PM
gail-r

My best tip to offer is: Go digital. My computer was always running slow because of all of the embroidery designs and quilt patterns I had stored on my hard drive. Then one day I decided to get a high capacity external hard drive. I spent a long time getting everything moved over but it was well worth it. I have everything in folders in it apropriate catagory. Such as: Quilts; eleanor Burns; Quilt in a Day; Flying Geese. Now I am going to tackle some of my old quilt magazines. I've decided to copy the things I want from each magazine and then donate them. I have some 700,000 embroidery designs and about 3000 quilt paterns on my external. I also add notes and pictures to them, especially if I changed something or if I didn't like something about it. I can't believe how much quicker my computer runs. i do backup my external to Cloud. Also not as much clutter in my sewing room.

Next will come Sewing machine manuals, ruler directionsw (who would think the day would come that you would need directions for rulers) and last my books. I'm thinking of all the space I will have, did someone say "room for more fabric"?

Last edited by gail-r; 11-27-2012 at 04:48 PM.