View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 07:27 PM
LLWinston44

Default Zelda Quilt for deployed son

Just to refresh your memories..... http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...p-t202369.html

So I've finally gotten the top done!! I am pleased enough with it since it was the first time I've really imagined something and made it work. But...... I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I envisioned it more "Zelda"ish. I wish I'd made the blocks bigger so that I'd have been able to make the shield bigger. I've never ever done applique and I'm really pleased with how well it turned out. I think I did a pretty good job on that. I also wish I could have added the sword, but I didn't think about it until I'd already added the shield and the sword is placed behind the shield. If I had time, I'd practice, but he just got home from Afghanistan and is really excited about his quilt so I'd like to just give it to him for Christmas. I'm going to get a back (suggestions would be welcome!!) and get it quilted. Thanks again everyone for all the help! This board is an INVALUABLE resource and everyone on it is just simply wonderful. <3
Attached Thumbnails 20121124_181440.jpg