View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 03:52 PM
LLWinston44

Thanks all. I appreciate the appreciation for my son.... it was a long rough deployment. Its always nice to know others appreciate it.
I'm glad you guys like the quilt, especially the Zelda-aholics. lol. He'll NEVER grow out of Zelda. He's loved it since he was 8 years old. lol. Before he deployed, he went out and bought the Nintendo 3ds JUST so he could take the Zelda Ocarina (his favorite version) with him. lol. Funny thing is, a couple of his buddies there were like minded so once he beat the game, it started making the rounds. lol
I did end up writing an e-mail to the store (after I'd gone in a second time looking for thread to applique and had the same woman shoot down my ideas again) and explained how much her comments hurt my feelings and that I no longer looked forward to going into the store for fear of running into her, and that I now avoid it. They replied with an apology and a work schedule so I'd know which days she'd be there. I have another LQS that's just a tad bit farther and they are ALWAYS so helpful. I'll stick to that one, and go to the old one when I 'have' to.
I did so want it to be perfect, and I think for what I did I'm happy with it. I thought about doing the sword and shield on the back but I am just plumb out of time. So I'll have to love it the way it is.

Still torn on what to do with the back.... Would rather it be darker... he would most likely stain anything light. I might go ahead and get a flannel since I'll having it quilted.

Thanks all!!!! <3