View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:05 PM
gramajo

It's a little late to make for this year, but you could think about this for next year. I've made a couple of photo memory quilts for relatives & friends. I'll try to find the pictures to post for you to see.[ATTACH=CONFIG]379110[/ATTACH]This was made for my BFF's 70th birthday. I used photos of us since high school, her kids, my kids, her family travels, etc. Blue and green were our high school colors.

I made one for my daughter depicting her high school marching band days and one for my brother's 60th birthday using photos from his, my dad's and other brother's racing days. I can't find pictures of either of these to show you.

Another option would be to make T-shirt quilts using their old T-shirts or their kids' clothes when they were younger. My DD made a T-shirt quilt for me using the book "How to Make a Too Cool T-shirt Quilt" by Andrea T. Funk. It shows/explains how to use different sized motifs from the shirts. I think she found it at Amazon.

I'm sure that whatever you decide, they will treasure it because you made it for them.
Attached Thumbnails img_0449.jpg  

Last edited by gramajo; 11-28-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: tried to add another photo