View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 07:48 PM
wordpaintervs

Default Doll 132 for VERY sick kids

Yesterday I got a request from a lady on the forum that reads to VERY sick children (most with cancer in her current group) She needs 5 to 9 dolls sent to her to give these children. The reason I say 5 and not 9 is that 2 are boys age 8 that might not 'take to a doll' and 2 are 9 year old girls that might feel 'too old' for a doll. I am waiting for her to find out. I have the dolls ready and will put them all into one big box if I can for her to give out to the kids.

Today I got a letter from a woman in South Africa who wants me to send her patterns for the boy and girl dolls. She said they have a huge problem there with AID's and as a result orphaned children with neither toy nor doll to cuddle (some of which were born with AID's). She is a quilter and wants to try her hand and making dolls like I make to give these little guys. Isn't that awesome to think about her doing. As soon as I get a mailing address from her, I'll make up a kit to mail her way. She promised me the first photo.

Here is Doll number 132. The outer skirt came donated from one of your quilting friends here on the forum. It is what I call Silver lame. It is a thin fabric with silver sparkly stuff incorporated into the fabric. I sewed tiny roses onto it and tied a piece of light green narrow ribbon around the stem to simulate a couple leafs. I hope you like it.

Vickey Stamps
Attached Thumbnails best-silver-lame.jpg   nightgown-silver-lame-doll.jpg