Old 11-29-2012, 01:55 AM
carolaug

I am the same. I use to do the 5k's all the time...always in the back pf the pack but its fun...I just donate my self since I can't stand people asking me for money I am not going to do that to others. I just started back running on the tread mill, 3 days now...half hour run and half hour walk...it really is making me feel better more energy dduring the day...I have gain way to much in the 4months that I have stopped excerising. I have a treadmill at home in my sewing room. Well worth the money...it folds up and it has a bounce so it does not hurt your knees and if your knees are hurting it most likely is you sneakers. I use to have swollen knees and almost gave up running...went to a sneaker store and they recommended a different type of sneaker with a lip on the inside...what a difference. Good luck everyone...I will watch your progress. I never, ever get on a scale...its to much stress for me. I just watch how my pants fit.
Originally Posted by Anastasia View Post
hehe I'm 32. I usually do them for like.. Alzheimers, AIDS, Breast cancer (not the susan b koemen, I could never raise that much money), Humane society.. different causes I like to help. I don't raise much because I don't like approaching people but i bring them something and i get the exercise and a t-shirt But this one is solely a commitment to the participants own health. Best cause of all right...