Thread: Bernina advice?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 09:20 AM
bstanbro

I purchased a Bernina Aurora 440QE just a couple of months ago. I love it! I was only half happy about it when I bought it because I dreaded having to learn to use it. It was so easy, and I was sewing on it as if it were an old friend within a couple of days. It also has an embroidery module which is cheaper to add on than purchasing the integrated embroidery unit. The problem is that you have to have a laptop computer sitting with you in order to use it. Since my husband is an engineer, we have old laptops to spare. (Really, it's silly, but that's how he is. Love him anyway.) After using my new machine for a while, I decided I'd like to have the embroidery unit. Rather than thinking of it as an embroidery unit, it can be used for quilting too.

When I bought mine, the store had a "demo" from a quilt shop, and I got $1,000 off the new price. Interestingly, the "new" machine I would have taken home was the demo in the store where I bought it. Hm. I would never know my "demo" was used, and I'm very happy with it. You might be able to find this kind of a deal if you shop around.