Old 11-29-2012, 06:47 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
I use my machine two or three times a month to mend and zz binding with that mono poly you told me about. I have not had your problem but I do know that I must be very careful with the byte it can be touchy so I always check it out by hand first. Now watch, the next time I use it I will have the problem. LOL I like the zz because you can adjust a very nice stitch with it. Maybe if I used it everyday like you I am sure I would run into problems but I always have the manual open when I use the machine.

Skip
BTW I still have the motor and light for my 319 and it is in a cabinet somewhere
Skip, I doubt you will have problems! My 319w is a great machine. I just think maybe I haven't got the whole Bight control thingy down good yet. Most of the original Bight scale marks are missing on my machine - so it is guess work to set it right. I don't know what that would have to do with it the needle hitting, but maybe me messing with it again just fixed something I hadn't done right last time? The problem is, when you mess with everything you don't know what fixed the machine! For everyone, who doesn't know what we are talking about, the "Bight Control" knob is the knob that adjusts the width of the zig zag stitch or stitch pattern on the 319! The 319w, I think, was way ahead of its time with all the knobs and stitches it has! It is a machine that was made in the mid 50's for a short time! Skip and I both have our 319's in treadle!

Nancy