Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 AM
FroggyinTexas

I don't see the design anywhere except in the third block on the top row and the last block in the bottom row.. I think it's because the colors emphasize it. Because of their location, I don't think it will be much of a trick to take those blocks out and rearrange the colors. I didn't grow up in Germany, but was a little girl in the US during WWII and the design leaped out at me. I think you would have to stretch to see it anywhere else. The colors are lovely and the borders are wonderful. But I don't imagine that you will be happy with until you "fix" those two blocks. Please post a picture showing what you decided. And thanks for being sensitive enough to see the design and know it might have a negative effect on your mom. froggyintexas
Originally Posted by SonjaG View Post
This is only my third project...why I decided I could conquer a queen sized quilt without any problems is beyond me. Anyway, I pieced the quilt together and after having it on the floor for a few days, finally saw a big problem. I laid everything out before putting it together, how did I not see it then? There appears to be an "unfortunate" pattern in some of the blocks. Seeing how my Mom was born and raised in Germany during the War, I just cannot leave those blocks as is. How do I fix just three or four of the blocks without taking the entire quilt apart?