Old 11-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Kittywolf13

Red face The Beginning of a New Project (1910 Singer 66 hand crank conversion)

So about a month or so ago i attended a Treadle On gathering (or as they call it a TOGA, Treadle On Gathering & Academy) were there is lots of fun and learning and raffles! my boyfriend graciously tagged along and i gave him one of my raffle tickets and asked him to pick a machine and put my ticket in. To my surprise and glee he had won me a 1910 Singer 66 Red Eye. She is worn, beat up a bit... BUT with a little gentle cleaning, she moves super smoothly.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]379249[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]379250[/ATTACH]
(still need to polish up her shiny bits. )

I had also purchased a Singer 99 at the event and thought about converting it to a hand crank.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]379251[/ATTACH]
(she's on her hand made custom table! she also has a suitcase!)

bought a hand crank assembly and went home. After that i thought... "Huh the 99 has its own motor and custom built table stand... but the 66 needs a treadle cabinet, to which i neither can afford nor have room for at the moment." So i decided to convert the 66 to a hand crank instead. Ironically i had already left the event where i could also have purchased the wooden box for my 66 to sit in, but the lady selling them kindly sold me one online and the box arrived today! Her father of 84 years hand builds the boxes! This one needs to be finished, but is cherry wood. its beautiful and will make my Singer 66 a happy machine!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]379252[/ATTACH]

So this is the beginning of my first extensive sewing machine project outside of cleaning and maintaining. I was curious to know if anyone would be interested in me photographing my progress as a tutorial of sorts? I'm new to this sort of thing, but ive heard it isn't too difficult So let me know! if not enjoy my story and i will update with pics as they come along!
Attached Thumbnails singer66.jpg   singer66001.jpg   singer99.jpg   singer66box.jpg