View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 03:56 AM
karen2272

Default Karen T

Originally Posted by kgibbons View Post
Need some ideas.... I have to older daughters 30 & 32 who mean the world to me they are married and have children of their own and I am looking for some ideas to make them something special from me for Xmas...any ideas I would love some suggestions and any pictures of some of the items you may have made... Thanks

Karen
I have three daughters, 28, 31,and 33. I retired 8 years ago. Since then they each get a box filled with things that I have sewn. Now my two son-in-laws, my husband, my parents and 3 grandchildren get some sewn gifts also. I make purses, wallets, oven mitts, potholders, organizers, suitcase tags, travel trays, kitchen appliqued towels (a request for new ones every year), bed quilts, pillow cases, wall hangings, etc. I am always on the lookout for new patterns for something different. The guys are a bit of a challenge, but I manage to find one or two items to make them. For the grandkids (age 5, 2, and 2 months) I make slippers, raincoats, appliqued bibs (most out of towels), crayon organizers, small purses to match their mom's purses, etc. A couple of years ago I mentioned that I was going to cut back on Christmas gifts - all three girls said - not the gifts that you make, please!!! That brought tears to my eyes.

In addition to these gifts I make a gift for each person in my knitting group and also my tennis team every year.