Old 11-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Elisabrat

Ok I have stalled enough I got busy working on another project a mystery quilt. I WILL bind my first tablerunner and get it in the mail BY the first which I believe is tomorrow. so I had best get cutting fabric! I quilted it was very happy til I turned it over. The fabric puckered a bit where the seams are and I figured out why AFTER the fact. wrong size needle for the job. shoot! see I had this marvelous idea. I was going to use the batting for pot holders in it so it would be semi safe for warm items should it be used on a dinner table. DONT TRY THIS GOOD IDEA UNLESS YOU CHANGE YOUR NEEDLE first. sheesh. Its very nice on the front so try as I did to make it reversable I think it is not. I will hope my recipient is understanding. It doesnt look BAD it just isnt looking perfect which was all I hoped for. darned it. My second one will be great. I am stalling on even designing it. My partner has not even posted. I cant get to know her at all. I wonder if she forgot she is doing this one or if she is just a silent looker? Me I am so quiet too I know .. and um shy here.. and um .. hard to get to know.

oh oh guess what? you cant guess you goobers.. I was suprised yesterday by my hubby and one of the working men here when they brought in a MONSTER Christmas tree yesterday. I hadnt asked for one they are outrageously priced. Was going to put up garland with lights and ornaments which is very pretty too. This tree is 8.5 feet tall my favorite on earth type the Norwegian fir or is it Nordic? fir.. the kind with all those up needles and largerer spacing between branches so your ornies show? IT IS GORGEOUS. He put the lights on for me last night and its magical. I had a pretty eventfully cruddy day on and off yesterday and this gift was beyond what I needed. It was my lucky day.