Old 11-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Jim's Gem

Weighed in today, only 2 lb loss. Oh well. At least it's not a gain
I am leaving shortly to drive down to my parents house. Tomorrow I accompany them (they cannot travel alone any more) to Cape Coral Florida to visit my mother's brother. We will be gone a week. Mom tells me that her brother only eats meat and potatoes, no veggies. Guess I will be buying and cooking a lot of my own food (or for me and mom)
Anyway this week will be a very real challenge. The eating will be tough but being with my parents (dad has dementia) for a week is going to kill me!! Any time I spend more than a couple days around my mom we start getting on each other's nerves!! It would be really easy for me to just eat the stress away, however my mother likes to be my food police (and police of anything else I do) so I would never hear the end of it if I ate "inappropriately" in her presence.
She does not understand my love of quilting and wanting to go to quilt shops so I may not even get that escape. Though I am hoping that I can borrow my uncle's car and get a way for a little while to find a shop and caress some fabric.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!