View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Little RoO

Hi....like you, my husband and I are struggling for gift ideas for our daughters aged 26 and 23 .......but I came upon this lovely book called dear mum, from you to me (they also do dear dad, from you to me....to a grandchild etc.) basically it is a book that asks lots of questions about my life...who my friends were when I was at school, how did I meet their father, what jobs and hobbies I enjoy etc....then it asks how I felt when I found out I was having them, what I am proud of....so on......and by answering all the questions gives a real insistence into my life and feelings for them.
My girls know how much they are loved because we tell them often, but I thought a hand written book that they can keep would be great.......I wish my mum had done it for me.....I would have treasured every page.
We have bought two...one from a mum and one from a dad.....we will split some of the pages and write about both girls........I then hope to make them quilted book bags for them to keep them in.....I am hoping that they will like them.

Last edited by Little RoO; 11-30-2012 at 10:46 AM.