Old 11-30-2012, 06:12 PM
sewdamncute

Hi everyone,
I don't post much, but read posts....alot! I feel compelled to comment on this thread. I am a longarmer. I belong to 2 regional, informal groups of longarmers, in all quite a good number. We all strive to do the very best job we can. I learned, the hard way, that communication is key. I do not assume anything. Some computerized pantos are designed in such a way that they sew off the edges of the quilt an inch or two. I only trim if asked by my customer. (I have a large studio that makes it easy to spread the quilts out for trimming.) Some backs need to be straightened before being mounted on the machine. Another thing some may not realize, too much backing fabric can cause problems when the quilt is advanced on the frame, making it difficult to keep the top square and even.
Anyway, please talk to your longarmer before the quilt is quilted. You can ask her to return your excess fabric, but please give her another chance. I am always surprised at how hard some quilters are on longarmers. Remember, we are quilters too. It is very hard to make enough money doing this to risk having an unhappy customer.
Off my soapbox now.
Quilt Happy !