View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 01:59 PM
henryparrish76

Okay so there is a new place I found that is for Artists. Whether you work with fabric, paints, wood, glass etc... this place has a lot of stuff and for cheap.

http://www.scrapexchange.org/

So I went today based on a friend's recommendation. It blew me away. They had scraps of fabric for like 10 cents each and there was no limit on how many you could get. There was a lady in there who basically was filling two shopping bags full. They also had bags of it that were already sorted by colors or patterns and they were cheap to. Only a couple bucks per bag. They had fabric by the yard too for like one dollar a yard to ten dollars a yard. They had other great fabric pieces for 2-3 dollars a piece.

My camera is broken right now so I cant take pics of what I got but I got some good pieces for the $10 I had on me. Had I known how great it was i would have taken more money with me.

I got two panels from 1978. They are awesome! Each one was only $3.
I got some 14 Asian themed panels for $3 total.
I got some other odds and ends for $4

And I am so going back there this weekend because they are opening the warehouse above them where they have their fabrics and such for a big fabric sale. Basically you fill a large bag for $8.

Anyways I just thought that if anyone lives here in NC hadn't checked it out yet, might want to go and anyone passing through Durham NC should definitely go check it out.