Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 AM
janRN

Bev & Anael, thinking of you both. Everyone here has been a great help to me this year--let us help you, too. Prayers/positive vibes, whichever you believe in are on the way. Keep us updated.

Question for GGal: I have the 50 Fabulous Stars (Carol Doak) and love them. Did you order the CD that prints the patterns/foundations? I'm thinking about it; makes it so much easier than standing at the copier (at work LOL) and copying all those patterns. I really wish the books came with a CD; I'd gladly pay more for the book if it came with the CD instead of ordering it and paying additional postage. If you have it, is it worth ordering? Also, does the CD let you re-size the patterns? I'd rather do them at 8" or 6" than 12". Also, if we do one a fortnight (my new favorite word!) it would take 2 years to do all the blocks. I really like them though.

EQ is having a good sale today. I ordered Karen K. Stone's MORE Quilts. On sale for for EQ but it comes in book form, too. Check this one out as a possible future group project. Lots of variety-NY Beauty and Pickle Dish type patterns. I also looked at Carol Doak's Mariner's Compass book. Nice, too. Do you think we have enough suggestions that we'll be quilting together for the next 10 years? I hope so!!!!