View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:25 AM
mm_dancer

Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
I'm techy too (an engineer), so here's my take.
Funny you should mention that, I am in my final year of engineering right now

Thanks for all of your input, I was just mentioning the program to my mom (who also quilts) and she said that her friend from her quilt group said to her a week ago that she should look at EQ7 for me for Christmas as I tend to tweak my own quilts all the time.

Now I have been using some of the advice here to attempt to duplicate the Dr Seuss quilt that I posted a picture of (in EQ5 as its all I have access to). I figure out how to get the rows in and sized (I didn't see an option to add sashing so I just added a 1 inch strip between each row. Where I am stuck is adding the blocks that are in rows 1 3 7 and 9. I tried drawing a block with a one inch strip and the rest blank. Now when I am trying to add it to the quilt it is telling me to click SHIFT and draw it, but I don't see a ruler anywhere so I can't figure out how to get it exactly 9 inches with the 1 inch strip. What I tend to do most is start with a quilt pattern and change things to fit my needs, so I want the blocks to be the correct sizes, not just any arbitrary size I happen to draw. Also once I get that block drawn to the correct size I want to be able to duplicate it over and over and not have to redraw it to 10 inches again, is this possible?

My mom said she will ask at her quilt group if anyone with EQ7 will let me have a go with it. I have bought software in the past (not for quilting) that looked like it was exactly what I wanted but I rarely touch it due to limitations. Software is far too expensive to lay around not being used.

Thanks again for all of your input!
Megan