Old 12-01-2012, 11:59 AM
SonjaG

Originally Posted by mannem View Post
For the life if me, I don't understand the fuss. The intended recipient likes the nice quilt, the 'unintentional' pattern might suggests a plus sign, but not a completed swastika sign. Give it a rest. For your next quilt, I suggest using a pattern other than rail fence. That should alleviate any further imagined trouble in your family. Geez.... As far as the 'warm welcome': all the other comments were surely positive. You need a reality check. It was not that you asked for help. I totally understand that, but to make a mountain out of a mole hill???
I didn't realize I was making "a mountain out of a mole hill" as you suggest. I thought I was just seeking advice from more experienced quilters, and as a result some friendly and knowledgeable quilters provided not only some very useful advice, but also their experience with similar situations. And, yes, I am sensitive to my mother's feelings, even if the quilt is for my husband. If I have improperly used this forum, then my apologies; and maybe someone can clarify what is an acceptable discussion thread so in the future I'm no longer told to "Give it a rest."