View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 12:21 PM
pumpkinpatchquilter

I am also really into controlled scraps. Lol* Lord please don't strike me down when I say this - but I seriously did not like Bonnie Hunter's quilts when I first started quilting!!! Hers was the first site I found online about ten years when I was just beginning and I used a lot of her tutorials to get started but I didn't make any of her quilts until a couple years ago. It took me some time to "get" the concept behind her scrappyness...and I still am not quite as scrappy as she is but I see the brilliance behind what she does. There is a lot to be learned from that lady!

As for my scraps, for the LONGEST time I didn't like to cut them up and mess with them. I found when I used Bonnie's method I used the more - but it's seriously a pain for me and takes up too much space. Recently I started just cutting everything into 2" strips and putting anything smaller than that in my "string" bin. I seriously have an INSANE amount of scraps and it just makes life easier. I'd much rather just go buy a group of fabrics and shoot for controlled scrappy then pull 'em out at random.