View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
margecam52

Since you have a quilt robot...I'd Choose a pretty design for the white areas...feathers or a meandering flowering vine...and then a motif for the center in a matching design. The blue areas are not going to show quilting as much...so maybe a wavy ribbon around the dark blue area. A ribbon effect is easy to achieve..do a meandering line, and go back over it and cross over the curve in the meandering line at the same place of each curve...try doodling one. I have one that I did in my software..added a bow I found online to each corner...worked up nicely. Even ditch stitching would work in the darker area...especially to seperate the white from the prints. Extra work, but it's for your mom!

Originally Posted by Snooze2978 View Post
Hello! I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what pattern(s) to use for this log cabin quilt top for my mother. Its 96 x 96 so not a small quilt by any means.....at least for me its the largest one I've made. My mother doesn't care what I put on it so she's no help to me. I've tried to find other log cabin quilts for ideas but still nothing is catching my eye. I have a robotic system which I use most all the time.........in fact all the time as I had an 18 inches machine and just got a new 26" Innova this past Tuesday. I still have lots of practice to do but that's all the fun of a new toy. I'll be getting the robotics installed on her in December so I won't be starting the log cabin till the new year. Any suggestions would be helpful. Here's a photo of it. Sorry if the photo is so large. Haven't posted much here to know how to do it correctly. It was so large I had to lay it on the driveway to photograph it back when I lived in Florida. I'm now in Iowa.

Thanks,

Suz in Iowa