View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 05:30 PM
mm_dancer

I am kind of hijacking my own thread here, but I took the advice given and attempted to recreate the two quilts I gave as examples in EQ5. I have gotten most of the details on them but a few things that are not working for me.

1) The Seuss one, I got the rows all spaced correctly but in order to get a block to set into the row I had to change it to make the centre row a 1x1 quilt and added the rest of the rows as borders with the left and right sides set to zero. This way I could make the rows with blocks using the border setting of "blocks". I couldnt figure out how to vary the sizes of blocks within the border though so ended up setting it to 5 and drawing a block with a border on the left and right. This worked to visually create the quilt I want, but would not be very useful for yardage and cutting because the vertically sashing is now two side by side of the same color, which is not what it would be in reality. The other thing I can't get is the dimensions of the blocks. I put the line down each side on the block at 0.5 inches so that two of them side by side would make 1 inch, but as you can see in the picture the two combined is smaller than the 1 inch horizontal sashing (I am assuming this is because the block is designed at 12x12 and is set into a 10x4 block, but even doing the ratio analysis I would need the line to be at 0.67 inches which it would not let me do, it would only let me draw at 0.5 inch intervals)

2) The Peanuts one. I did as suggested and made it a 1x1 quilt and added several borders, but similar to the Seuss one several blocks that are side by side would indeed be cut from one piece of fabric, I am trying to find a way to merge those side by side blocks into 1 and can't seem to get it (even with extensive Google searches). Again the centre block's dimensions are off, I don't understand why I can't change the size of the block in "work on block" to the size I want and then add the lines at the correct dimensions. Is this feature available and I am just not finding it??

Thanks again for all the input!
Megan
Attached Thumbnails 2012-12-01_202031.png   2012-12-01_202043.png   2012-12-01_202001.png  

Last edited by mm_dancer; 12-01-2012 at 05:33 PM.