View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:56 AM
Mdaniels

Default Bernina Aurora 430, used

I have been researching a machine to upgrade from my Singer Stylist 7258. It is relatively new, but I am starting to re-enter sewing and enjoying quilting, applique, art quilting, etc. I am a little afraid my Stylist is not going to last and I wanted to upgrade. Obviously, I don't quilt full time, its just a hobby, so I didn't want to go hog wild.

In my area, there is a Janome dealer, a Babylock dealer, and a Pfaff and HV/Viking dealer. I was having a hard time making a decision and did not want to spend tons of money. I then discovered there is also a Bernina dealer a few blocks from the Janome store. I know how expensive these were, but it didn't hurt to look, did it? Well, I actually walked away with the above machine, 8 years old. I don't pick it up for a few days, as the dealer says she is going to completely service it. I will have a one year complete warranty and it will be serviced under that warranty at the end of the year--and then its on me. I paid $825. It sews very, very nicely and seems to have all the features I am looking for.

Any cautions on this model? I don't think she'd be mad if I went back in a spent a few hundred more on the 350, brand new--I am a little cautious of used products, but I have read so many nice things about Berninas, I was hoping this was an okay buy.

Thanks for any input.