View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:17 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AshleyR View Post
Oh ok! Thanks for the bobbin-winder adjustment info! I didn't know that! I had to adjust tension on the machine and the bobbin.. of course I'd have to mess with it there too!!

It doesn't change stitches no matter if it's set on 0 or on 5 (or anywhere in between!) I can't figure out how to get to the innards, except through the bottom, but nothing seems really stuck or hung or stiff. I have the feed dogs up as high as they will go, and it's straight stitch only.

Thank you for your help. I'm really enjoying playing with it and learning about it.
In general, you can get to the innards through the bottom, through a hole in the back, through the hole with the lever and if you take off the balance wheel you can some times get access depending on the machine. You are looking for anything in the area of the stitch control lever that remotely moves - put a drop of Tri-flow oil on it. There can be wrench a like thingy in there - put a drop of oil between there and the square thingy. You will also need to oil the bottom of the machine - anything that moves. Move the balance wheel so you can see what moves. If it moves oil it. It isn't the dried on oil that you can see that you need to worry about - its that micro sized dried oil between the moving parts you need to be worried about.