Old 10-20-2009, 04:41 PM
LucyInTheSky

Originally Posted by sno
It didn't even occur to me, that I could be cutting it wrong..
By looking at this diagram..the first cut would be where fabric 1 is at the bottom, and fabric 2 is at the top.
As I look at the pattern I am now trying to figure out the second cut...I just wanted you to know that my cuts where different, but again I have no pattern...
A BIG BIG THANK YOU...
We can work through this!!!
That's just one pattern, not necessarily the right one :)

As long as when you move the fabrics you keep them in order (so top always goes to the bottom, and if blue is right before red, blue always stays right before red, all you need to worry about is that each top fabric is different. So don't worry about the middle top, middle bottom, etc. If you see in a pile that blue is on top when you already have a blue on top, move him to the bottom. Oh there's red, now he's on top, but you have a different piece with red on top, so move him to the bottom. Now purple's on top, oh great, he's new, leave him.

Just as long as you keep moving the piles like that, it should work with different colors. Since they're staying in the same order, if blue is on top, then the pile next to it with red on top will ALWAYS have different fabrics in the 11 blocks all the way through. Does that make sense? Try it that way, where you just keep moving tops until you get a new one and it should work