Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Mariah

Default Have you heard of doing this?

Originally Posted by Naturalmama View Post
First of all, I have to say that it feels so good to be back. We had computer issues for months, even multiple computers - and I couldn't find my password which was wiped out (and yes, I hadn't written it down ). With the sweet moderator's help, I'm back!

Ok, now to my question - I haven't seen one yet, but a friend keeps tellling me about this strip quilt she makes - you take 4 yards worth of fabric, cut 2.5" strips, throw it all into a bag. Then you begin sewing them end to end as you pull them randomly from the bag. When you get to the end, you double it back and sew one long seam - and again and again until you have the quilt top. She said it goes really fast at that point. And the lengths wind up being staggered, not all the same, so it's not just one row of this fabric and the next of a different fabric (does this make sense?).

I tried a search, but didn't find anything. Does anyone do this? I'd love to see pics and hear of any tips!
My Mom used to do this when we lived on the farm. It was her way of making a quilt in a hurry and having fun at the same time.
I tried it one time, and I could see how it was fun! You never know what you are getting, and then it all blends okay.
Good luck!
Mariah.