View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:09 AM
gail-r

Originally Posted by gail-r View Post
I have a Juki TL98Q and I love it. It is the workhorse in my sewing room. I do a lot of quilting with it. I love it for piecing be cause of the 3/16ths compensating foot. Your seams are perfect. My real love is free-motion quilting, I just finished (well, not quite finished as it still needs binding) a king sized radiant star quilt made intirely on the Juki. Also, I just finished all of the applique blocks for the Supreme Snowpeople quilt using Patsy Thompsons EKG free-motion stitch. You would never guess they were done on a machine that only does straight stitch. I will try to post some pictures for you to see.

So, after this long story my best advise is to first decide what you want the machine to do. I do know that Janome machines have a good reputation. Good luck, I equate getting a new machine is more exciting than getting a new car. I spend far more time with my machines. Hugs.
Ok. I just posted some pic's in the picture section, Supreme Snow People and King sized Radiant Star. All done completely on my Juki.