View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 04:15 PM
Weezy Rider

Most everyone wants instant gratification today. I learned to sew and have taught others out of spite. I dislike what designers think we need, colors we should use, and how our homes should look. In the meantime - they export the work to the orient, and take all the credit and give themselves bonuses when the line they are selling is successful.

How about that idiot who did the American outfits for the Olympics? Made in China?

You can't quilt, sew, whatever on an Ipad, I saw another article where Android users were grinches since we didn't spend all out time shopping online or pouring out whatever on Facebook. If you aren't doing that, you are unAmerican!

(I belong to cell phone forums, and have seen links to articles that do say that if we don't do the above, we are potential "terrorists" since we don't fit the norm.)

One of my favorite patterns is done by Laughing Moon. It's a reprint of a man's dress/work shirt from at least the 1860s.

If I'm not mistaken, some quilters in the past managed to put commentary (political or otherwise) of the times into the quilts. That's what is so great about the museums and preserving this.