View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
quiltjoey

I have learned so much from the QB and all the members! I was so afraid to even begin to try to quilt. I've only been trying to do it for about 5 years now. Made a king size quilt for as a beginner and boy, did I figure out I didn't know much and battled discouragement and difficulties. Rotary cutting is the hardest for me to do, even now. Some days, I just can't figure out how to arrange the fabric to cut it. I even go to you tube and watch videos on how to rotary cut!! I have learned paper-piecing and love it. Needle-turn applique was the only thing I knew how to do and was unhappy that it took so long by hand so that's when I really decided to take the plunge into machine piecing and quilting. I have found it is one of my most favorite things to do and is very calming and gets me away from the everyday grind. I love the QB and totally appreciate all of the members sharing their wealth of knowledge and willingness to teach dummies like me that want to ask silly questions but were afraid to for fear of being ridiculed or made fun of or laughed at. I have found that to be just the opposite on the board. I hope to work on a old pattern-type modern quilt someday. I would like to thank everyone for all their knowledge, help, understanding and kindness about everything not just quilting... kindly, JoAnn