View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 09:23 PM
quiltjoey

Can the other 3 do what the Pfaff does? There must be a special reason you bought it or was it an impulse buy? Did you really have the money to buy it or did it hurt your budget?
I have nine machines, one of which is a Husqvarna Viking Designer 1. The D1 can do so much more that the other machines and so much easier to use but it is computerize and is smarter than me. I have taken a few classes to learn to use it and not be intimidated by it. I was so afraid I would break it, that I only used it about 10 hours the first year I had it! But now I am using it all the time and had to use the older machines when the D1 needed servicing. They just do not hold a candle to the D1. Please rethink why you wanted the new Pfaff. Write down it's pros and cons from the other machines and see if the difficulty in using it is holding you back. My husband makes me feel guilty when buying something. He always asks me why did you buy that? What are you going to use that for? Why do you want/need another machine? But he buys new clothes, shoes, belts, etc. whenever he wants and doesn't give me reasons for doing so. But even using my own money, he always wants to know why and it's nots costing him anything. Now, I just tell him, "Just because I wanted it". Guilt can weigh heavy on us. Try to weigh why you got it, do you really like it, do you not like it, etc. Can you not afford it, etc?
Giving it up just because he wants you to may bother you in the long run... I'm sure you will make the right decision.