View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 AM
romanojg

[QUOTE=quiltnmom;5693247]

Congratulations on your machine; be careful, it's addicting. I've been embroidering for a little over a yr and started off with a Viking Ruby (loved it) and just traded it in for the Viking Diamond Deluxe (a deal to good to pass on). I take classes and if you can find them it would be great. Some stores will let you take thier classes no matter what machine you have; mine does. Also I know that Tidewater Sew n Vac has a club and you can learn alot from places like that.

When it comes to stabilizers I read everything that I can. Emblibrary.com has tutorials on thread, needles and stabliziers also floriani has a stabilizer workbook you can print out. I like thier stabilizers but the main thing you need to know is the type and when to use it more than the brand. Viking and most machine websites have tutorials on these as well. You can also google them. I'm not sure what you have in your area but if you sign up at Tidewater sew n vac or at floriani you can find when they have classes and you can learn alot. I took one a few months ago that cost me 30 for the day, it included lunch and snack and I got almost 600 in free thread, designs and stabilizers. Here is the link for the stabilizer guide; http://www.rnkdistributing.com/cid-3...-Products.html
My machines use all thread and that's good because for what I paid for the machines I'd be really upset if it wouldn't take a certain thread. It takes a while to build up thread and I don't think I'll ever have all that I want. Sears sells Robinson-Anton on its website for 3.99 which is good and has lots of colors. I would try different ones to see if your machine likes it and if you like it. Plus, I normally buy at least two shades of each color because Ive noticed most designs use at least two shades for highlighting and accents.

Hope this helps