View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
QuiltingHaven

Default DONE! 1yr, 10 mo, 23 days

Alright, when I started quilting on January 1, 2011 after I retired from 27 years of teaching, I began because I found a box of pillowcases/shams that were made, embroidered, and/or appliqued by 4 generations of my grandmothers. I am the 5th generation to work (I did the cutting, piecing, and hand quilting all 100" x 100" of the quilt) with these pillowcases. It was far more daunting than I thought it would be and it was my "1st quilt!" Now over these almost 2 years, I have made more than 15 quilts while working on this one at least 1 hour a day and on some days - all day long. i, also, was not smart enough to make one piece for the backing, all of it is made of 12" squares. I named it the "Grandmothers' Pillowcases" quilt. My mother (84 years) is the only living "other generation" of sewing greats and she loves it. This will be passed down to my granddaughter someday. I have learned so much over these two years and I am still having a ball quilting. Enjoy the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails grandmasquilttop.jpg   grandmasquiltsquares1.jpg   grandmasquiltback.jpg   grandmasquiltsquares2.jpg   grandmasquilt_his.jpg  

grandmasquilt_crocheted.jpg