View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:26 PM
QuilterMomma

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
ME too Anna...thats why I ended up with about 20 different pictures! LOL Now Im not sure what to do with them! Tying might be an option on the panel itself and quilt the sashing inbetween? I wouldnt want too many of the panels in one quilt though...might make it too "busy"...ugh...Id rather be sewing on more Union General/Confederate General Panels! Thanks for the suggestions!
So tell me how the panels were made, were they prepurchased already printed? Or did you send them thru the ink jet, or are they an iron on. That will depend on the quilting. Now I quilt thru mine all the time, even photo quilts with a monopoly. There is some new stuff that is really nice sold thru Superior Threads that works like a drean on these types of quilts. I would do just an outline of the larger features. I know the cotton says you can quilt up to 11" apart, but if this quilt is going to be used, you don't want that. If it is going to be hung, I am a firm believer in a wool batting and quilted softly over the designs to stabilize them while they hang. A cotton batting hangs nicely as well, but can droop because of lack of quilting. This is just be experience and studying the quilting process. That is my opinion.

I have been MIA, got that nasty cold and not much energy to do anything and I am still going to work with it. Went to office last Friday with 101 temp. The phone rang twice all day. Did not get my work done at all because could barely sit up enough to look like someone was there. Getting a bit better now if this cough would quit I could handle the rest. I know, many of you are waiting on your blocks and as I have stated, they are all cut up in a box sorted nice and neat waiting to be sewn. Working them down. I am using my grandma's 1970 Singer. It does pretty good, but slower to use than my Bernina which is doing embroidery for gifts right now and customer quilts. I will be getting on them asap.