View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Vanogay

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
oH no send me Christmas sorta vs mardigras! those can go to Jaba. LOL never thought of her love of purple and teals being Mardi Gras but now that you mention it.. she is an ex New Orleans pat and didnt know it! in her other life, in her secret life Jaba was known to wear peacock feathers and pearls and jewels where ever she went.. heck with rings on her fingers she went for strands on her... ah now that is an image

I was trying to figure how on earth one got purple and teal into winter themes so please enlighten me. I guess I don't know when exactly Mardi Gras is.. I think champagne and bubbles and New Years balloons for January. And Christmas in purple? who would do that? LOL (jaba..).. off to hang pigs from my tree. Serious one should take those ornies seriously. Like my glass snowman in a hawaiin shirt with sunglasses on. that serious. (just like me very serious)
Linda, Mardi Gras is in February this year - don't have a calendar in front of me, but check your 2013 for Ash Wednesday and Mardi Gras is the day before that. (it translates as Fat Tuesday - and it's a day of revelry, celebration and eating). Mardi Gras is just the one day (Tuesday) which happens during the carnival season (It starts on 12th Night or Jan 6). It wasn't always the 'boob show' that it seems to have become lately. It was good family fun. Now it seems to have degraded into drunken brawls. The main colors are green, purple and gold - Green for faith, Purple for justice and Gold signifies power. That's the end of your lesson for today. Laissez Le Bon Temps Rollez.