Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 PM
germanquilter

Default Went to a quilt retreat and came home with a new addition to the family

I went to a 4-day quilt retreat in Denver, PA this past weekend and on the way to the retreat we stopped at several quilt shops to "enhance our fabric selection"! At the last quilt shop we stopped, a kitten darted in and out of cars in the parking lot. Several concerned quilters finally were able to catch the shivering dirty little thing who was skin and bones. It purred when held and was very friendly. The owner of the shop told us that he had seen two kittens around but no queen. What to do with this kitten? Our group of 13 ladies were going to the quilt retreat. Finally, one quilter from PA (a total stranger to me) spoke up and said that she would foster the little one until Sunday if I would be willing to take it home. And that is just what we did Debbie took the little one in, cleaned it up, kept it separate from her own cats, fed it and loved it until our quilt retreat was over and I was able to pick it up and take it home. I took kitten to my vet this morning and am happy to report that it is a healthy little girl, Main Coon mix and only 6 weeks old. After a bath it is the fluffiest and cutest thing ever! Thanks to that wonderful stranger who jumped right in to help...got to love quilters!