View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 05:57 PM
CoyoteQuilts

Originally Posted by pumpkinpatchquilter View Post

I see they are a newer company and they have only been selling these hybrid machines for a few years -Thank you!
They have been around longer than most think. They started out with a machine called 'Stretch' and have evolved to the Homesteader. I happen to have the Stretch. It does not have any bells or whistles, but that baby purrs. The only and I mean ONLY slight complaint I have is that it uses only a Schmetz universal needle (it has to do with the timing). I would rather use Organ as I can get them cheaper. I don't do pantos or use a ruler (yet anyways) and I don't have stitch regulator, but it is the easiest machine I have ever used. I bought my machine used and it had a problem with shreadding thread, after a couple weeks playing with it I found that it had a spring in the bobbin area that was broken, $3 later and I had no more shredding! The only time I have problems with it is when I get the sandwich to tight so that is operator error. I have sent e-mails to Jennifer and within 24hours or less I have an answer. I have ordered parts from them and they were in the mail to me BEFORE I sent any money. Also, I received more parts than I ordered .. Go on their website http://www.thequiltingsolution.com/index.html and ask any question you want and you will get an answer. Here is the 'contact' page for dealers http://www.thequiltingsolution.com/contacts.html

The one thing that I liked about this machine is that you don't see many people doing an 'upgrade' to another machine brand. Very few are on the 'for sale' boards. That told me right away that owners really were satisfied.

Also there is a Yahoo group if you want lots more info. It is Homesteader Quilting. I can't post a link here, so you will need to do a search after you get to Yahoo. They have another group just for the computer that is called Sidesaddle. I am not on that one because I will never upgrade to that. I enjoy freehand to much .

Stitch per minute is hard because you have to have some way of timing it and they don't have that. I know on mine I can't move the machine fast enough with it up on the 'top speed'. I usually have my speed control on about 5-6 and that is to fast at times. I can do a stippled (medium) queen quilt in an afternoon without rushing. That includes loading and unloading.

No, I am not a dealer, but sure wish I could be!

I have used cheap and expensive thread on Mr. Stretch with equal results. The Aurifil is very fuzzy in the bobbin area, but no problems with the stitching. I just cleaned out with every bobbin change. Also, Mr. Stretch has the L sized bobbin, but the Homesteader has the M sized bobbin.

Good luck on your search and I hope my comments helped.

I hope this is my last edit

Last edited by CoyoteQuilts; 12-03-2012 at 06:07 PM.