View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 07:21 PM
sewNso

I really enjoyed making this with all you ladies. and i learned several things while making this. even had to get the dictionary out finally to look up a word you ladies kept using. monochrome-----different shades of the same color. wow.
Oh,,,,,, it's late for me, and we have been traveling and out of town for a funeral. so i'm a little fuzzy. u know? but remembered something else i wanted to say. thx for the link someone posted for tut on sewing together binding strips on the diag. never was completely satisf. with my efforts before, so i avoided that detail on my quilts. but the tut, made it all click. i can do perfect diagonal piecing now. did miter my corners, and but that was easy for me. oh, and did a 45 degree cutting. haven't quite mastered that, but will try again some time soon. it's always nice to learn another trick to quilting. thanks you all.
and i think we are stretching our creativity a little by learning how to realize this is 'art', and may not be exactly like we would have chosen, if we had have known the outcome to begin with. but art is beautiful in many forms. as our quilts are.

Last edited by sewNso; 12-03-2012 at 07:23 PM.