View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 02:17 AM
Edie

Thanks for the "Basketweave". When I make a Sampler quilt, I take 1 gallon plastic bags, I have some stick-on labelss and when I cut out what block I want, I take the pattern, fold it in half, put the cut out fabric in the folded block, stick it in the bag, seal it up and stick on a label and note what pattern it is. Then, I place them in a basket and depending on the mood for the day, I pick out which block I want to make. I may be in the mood to sew a harder one, or maybe I'll do an easier one. But they are all cut out, packaged and ready to go. I have found that this works perfect for me, keeps everything neat, all the fabric has been chosen, cut out, packed in the bags and what fabric you have left you can either put it in your stash bag or back into the container from which it came (in my case, I put my colors separated into plastic shoe boxes, label the boxes and I am all set.

I have been doing this for quite a while and maybe it's the only way I can keep my head on straight, but I found it saves a mess, doesn't take up a whole lot of space and it is right there all ready to work on stacked on top of each other in a basket. And that doesn't take up too much space either. I have a little space here in front of my window that is maybe 6x10 and in that area is my whole world of quilting - and my computer.

Hope this idea helps someone - oh yah, if I have to make a triangle square or cut a triangle out of a square I save that cutting until I am ready to work on it. But if I have the triangle square I just cut out two squares of each, pin them and I am ready to go!

Good day to quilt today - rain, mixed with possible snow for the next three days. Whoopee! Edie :roll: