Old 12-03-2012, 08:35 PM
amandasgramma

I used Mac when I was working, but have bought a regular PC at home since then. It used to be the Macs were easier to use......however, since PCs started using the WINDOWS programs, they're just as easy. Mac actually "invented" that platform. If you want to do those programs.............they are NOT Mac compatible.........you would have to either buy new Mac version of the program or see if they would switch you over. some of our programs can not EVER be used -- they don't have a Mac version (IE Microsoft Street and Trips does not have a Mac version -- at least not when I bought my last machine -- and we use it in our travels a lot).
Both the Mac platform and PC platform are configured differently. Pictures may work in both computers........

on edit: some will say that Macs don't get virus's like PCs.....this is not true anymore. And if you get a GOOD virus protection program you won't have a problem. I go all over the computer, download a lot of junk and have NEVER had a virus on my PC or my husband's.