Old 12-03-2012, 10:54 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default I found a nifty item so I won't cut myself with my rotary cutter

I found these acrylic "Finger Guards"strip guards at Guidelines 4 Quilting the other day and I just got them in the mail today. They have suction cups on the bottom of them and two of them fit my long ruler. They are about 1/2-1" tall and stand straight (vertical) up right against your ruler so your rotary cutter can't jump off the mat and onto your ruler.

Um, I can't think of the word for them, senior moment right now, but they are vertical and go along your ruler. They are a perfect idea for me. I've cut myself too many times. I know I have the glove, but I never wear it. Go to www.guidelines4quilting.com and you'll see them.

These are perfect. I can put one on a 6 1/2x 12 1/2, 2 on a 12 1/2x 12 1/2, and 2 on a 6 1/2x 24. They come 2 to a package. I can't remember the price.

Good grief, I'm still having a senior moment. They are getting longer and longer the older I get. It's like the word is on the tip of my tongue and I can't get it out. I'll wake up at 3 am and say the word out loud and then go back to sleep.