View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 04:59 AM
Nita

I belong to the Towpath Quilt Guild in central NY. Joined in 2006. I absolutely love it. We have a fairly large membership of about 100. One of the best percs is that I have had the opportunity to hear lectures and take classes from renowned, published quilters (Linda Taylor and Sue Nichols, just to name a few). It is a very generous and talented group of quilters. I'm always in awe when we have Show & Tell. I like the fact that our members are from novice to expert and no one is ever made to feel "unworthy". On the contrary; No matter how humble my quilting may seem to me (in comparison with the rest), I always walk away feeling like an accomplished quilter. My guild usually does several different service projects every year. This year, we are working on children's quilts to donate to a brand new perdiatric medical center that has just been built. In the past we have donated charity quilts to the military, nursing homes, rape crisis center, Linus Project, pillow cases to battered women shelter, placemats for Meals on Wheels program, school bags to under priveledged children in third world countries. Our guild puts on a big show every two years. To read more about us, visit:
http://www.towpathquiltguild.org/