Old 10-21-2009, 05:08 AM
blueribbontoes

Good Morning!

moosegirl- Cows are already taken. If you wait, and we reach 12, you could do one of the "duplicates," however, until then, would you like to do something else?

Tying the blocks together is a great idea! I love the idea of using cream or off white as a "background." However, not everyone will be doing applique. (Nor do I think we ought to limit the swap to applique.) Should we take the idea of tying the quilt together a tad bit further? Limit the colors to all "earth tones," rather than jewel tones? I'll add a picture or two for an example. I did a search on farm fabrics to see what would be available for use to work with, and it seems they fall into "earth tones" or "jewel tones." What do you think? We're all in the planning stage, so we might as well work the kinks out now! Which of the two styles, below, do you think is more appropriate for everyone to strive for?

(Yes, blue/purple/orange all have "earth tone" varieties, so sayth the art teacher. For instance, think of denim. Denim is a "earthy" blue. We have to have a blue something for our Blue Chicken.)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-14964.jpe   attachment-14990.jpe