Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM
Vanogay

Worked downstairs all morning. Generally Tuesdays, the ladies come over and we sew here at the house. No one showed up today, so I just had to sew by myself. Pout, pout!! Actually got something done. Was working on a free standing lace project and wanted to finish it - I did and then I was working on another runner - not the one for my partner, just working on one. Well, I finished it, but had to laugh out loud - it has a very definite left and right side and lots of small pieces to put on those left and right. Somehow I got the small pieces backwards (or was it upside down?), so the pattern is not quite right and again, one of the larger pieces is backwards - I have no idea how that happened - and I decided I'm not going to recut and redo. It was a real learning experience on a pattern I'll probably never make again!!! Obviously won't put alot into the quilting and finishing.
Did finish my partner's runner and am in the process of quilting it. Decided to hand quilt it since it is small - that'll make it more special. Don't know exactly when it'll be finished, though and will go in the mail right after that...