Old 12-04-2012, 11:31 AM
gail-r

I hate customers like that and over the years I have learned to be very clear on price. In the last few years I have become very firm on this, however I hate confrontation so I usually tell them up front that if for some reason they don't want to pay my price then I will hold the item for them for 2 weeks and after that it will go up for sale. I would think that with it having her grandfathers fabric in it she would want it no matter what the cost. The radiant star quilt I posted a picture of is actually going on my bed, but I had taken it to show my Simon Folly embroidery class and while I was out of the classroom a lady came in to admire the blocks the ladies are making. They showed her my quilt and she asked them if I ever sell my quilts, they told her I do so she came back to talk to me about buying it, she offered me $100. if I finished the binding. I did nicely let her know that I was honored that she liked my work but for $100 she should probably look at Walmart. Iknow people want a bargin but buying custom made quilts is usually going to cost you. Don't cave into her, tell that is the price and if she doesn't want to pay you, you will list it on Ebay.