View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 02:05 PM
dunster
Power Poster

Default Scrapaholic quilt finished

I've seen quilts made with this block on several web sites, using different block settings. I think I still prefer to make log cabin quilts with my scraps, but this was a fun quilt to make for a change. I subscribe to the theory that all fabrics can co-exist in a scrap quilt, and I don't care which ones share a seam, as long as they aren't from the same bolt. I did use some medium fabrics that muddy up the pattern in places, but I kind of like that too because it keeps your eye moving (that's my story and I'm sticking to it).

The blocks are 7.5" finished, quilt measures 90" square. I used Soft and Bright poly batting (from the Warm Company, makers of Warm and Natural) and quilted it in swirls. I really like that batting. I started to try to do some ruler work for the quilting (needed the practice after taking the craftsy class), but quickly realized it wouldn't show up with such a busy pattern. So... one area actually has a couple of big stars quilted in it, and the rest is the swirls. I think I'll pretend that I did that on purpose too.
Attached Thumbnails scrapaholic-finished-002.jpg