View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 07:21 PM
captlynhall

I use Vonda's Quilt Frames. I found them online and love them. I originally thought I was going to get my grandmothers frames, but my aunt could not remember what she had done with them, and that turned out to be a good thing. I tried a hoop, but could not get the control I needed. Check Vonda's Quilt Frames out on line, and I think I may have seen a demonstration on YouTube, but can't be positive. The things I like most is that it is easy to set up. I can do it all by myself. A full size bed quilt took me about 45 minutes. Also, I can set them up to do anywhere from a baby to a king size quilt. So far, I have only done a lap/nap size and a full bed size quilt. When I am thru, I can break them down and they fit in a nice box with a carry handle, so I can put them in a closet. Grandma's frames had to be placed on top of rafters in the garage because they were all one piece.

At the Houston Quilt Festival, I saw a nice little floor frame on a stand that I would also like to have. My cousin who was with me did buy it. I was thinking it would be nice to have that for quilting smaller projects where I could be in the family room with my husband while I quilt. That is the only draw back to Vonda's frames, is that I set them up in my sewing room, so usually sew alone, except for the cat.