View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Pollytink

Originally Posted by grammer ann View Post
I have a Pfaff 7570. Among the decorative stitches built into the machine is one that looks like a snow flake. It would normally stitch in a continuous row of snow flakes, but my machine has a button that when pressed will stitch out only one repeat of the pattern and stop. This machine was new in 1995 and I am not familiar with other or newer machines whether they can do the same. It does a locking stitch at the end of the repeat so I just moved about 1 1/2 inch away and started another. I just cut the threads between each move, maybe I should have buried the threads but I did not. This quilt will only be out a short time each year so I don't see it having to be washed often.
Thank you for looking and for all of your kind comments.
Wow! I figured you must have that capability. I have a Necchi Supernova Julia that dates to abt 1961-71
that can do that too with her cams, but she needs cleaning and maybe some adjusting. I may just get her out and see if she's ready enough to go! I don't have a snowflake cam for her but there must be one that would work. I don't need one more machine but will have to check out that Pfaff 7570! I do love your quilt!!! Thanks, Polly