Thread: Quilt Lessons
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 02:31 AM
gail-r

I have some advice for you, I have been teaching at a LQS for several years (independant) It would be better if you could rent a classroom at a store, rather than have students come to your house. Some people will want to stay for extra hours, they end up using your supplies, seems like they always forget something or need something they don't have. Usually you will have to ask to be re-imbursed for the supplies they used. Also some will feel like they can call and ask to run over for a quick minute to have you help with something since your home anyway. Plus most of the stores will give your students a discount when they purchase class supplies. If you do decide to teach out of your home, please check with your homeowners insurance, you may want to increase your liability coverage. accidents do happen, I've only had one student get hurt, i had just said please be careful when I heard "Ouch" then I saw the blood. Just my opinion, I have meet many dear friends from my classes and love to teach. Hugs